School Counseling Office
Saint Paul School Counselors promote the social/emotional, career, and academic growth and development of PreK-12 students.
Our school counseling program curriculum is a standards-based, integrated component of the education agenda of the school. Comprehensive school counseling programs, designed to meet the needs of all students are a collaborative effort. Specifically, school counselors engage a multitude of stakeholders (i.e., parents, teachers, administrators, students and community partners) to support student success.
What do Licensed School Counselors do?
- Teach the counseling curriculum to students and staff
- Consult with parents, teachers and other staff to address students' needs
- Collaborate with community partnerships and direct families to resources that will benefit students
- Teach, monitor and plan interventions for increased achievement of all students K-12
- Provide leadership to accomplish the school's improvement plan and district's mission
- Counsel individuals and small groups of students to meet identified needs
Dual Credit Options (earn college credit in high school!)